Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's all a Racket

Is it just me? I think cable companies, phone companies, internet providers are all, as my grandmother would say, in cahoots together. Being the dutiful, frugal wife that I am, I have been looking for ways to save a few dollars every month on those bills that provide conveniences we love. Ok, for one I'm turning in one DVR box to save us $12.95/month. For pete's sake, there's only 2 of us now! Can't I record all the shows we can possiblywatch or need to watch on just one of those things??!!?? Then, I began calling about different internet providers...oh the things they promise! That is until you start asking questions and you really begin to compare apples to apples. I've talked to people that I am positive were not in the USA b/c we couldn't even communicate, to people that couldn't even figure out how to transfer my call to someone who could answer my questions! Did these people graduate high school? Anyways, to make a long story short, I think I am going to change my phone number from a metro number to a local number and "bundle" it (woo hoo) with internet service for a savings to my family of 2 of about $40/month! Now that's worth the frustrations I experienced this am. I hate to give up my coveted phone number that I've had for the last 25 years; the one I taught my kids little jingles when they were little to memorize it. I guess I will be making up new jingles to help this mind remember the new number once I get it. But heaven's to betsy....couldn't they just make a number that follows you wherever you go like a cell number. Maybe my sweet son-in-law could develop that computer program!

2 comments:

Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

That's what I've learned...a few phone calls every 6 months or so can save you some good money!! Too bad I like cable television so much or we could REALLY save some money.