I have encountered several situations in my life where I have wondered should I?
~Should I tell someone I love that I sense that they are going in a direction that the Lord doesn't desire? Should I tell them I don't think they are making a wise choice?
~Should I confront strangers when I see injustice being done to a teen/child?
~Should I remain quiet or voice my opinion?
~Should I tell someone I have been praying for them, even though I may not know why the Lord has placed them on my heart?
~Should I say no more often?
~Should I no longer work in student ministry because I'm over 50?
~Should I take time away by myself?
~Should I hire someone else to iron? ;)
~Should I hug more and cry more?
~Should I? Should I?
~Should I ask questions to get others to open up or just wait until they're ready? How will I know if they are ready?
As a body of Christ we have certain privileges and responsibilities. How do those fit into and expand into our relationships with our brothers and sisters in Christ? Will I be held accountable for remaining quiet when I had those "Should I?" thoughts at the risk of hurting someone's feelings or making them uncomfortable? Could I have protected that person from pain? I think it is a precarious position to be in if you know God has given you the gift of discernment and exhortation and then knowing when and how to use it...when to speak and when to just pray. For everything there is a season...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment