Friday, May 2, 2008

MRI Survival

You would think that at age 53, one would not be afraid of too many things...especially knowing I survived raising one boy and two girls. I mean after all, I should be equipped to handle just about anything, right? However, about 10 years ago, I realized I am claustrophobic! Not the type that I freak out in elevators, or small rooms, but put me in an MRI machine near my face and head and add to that the knowledge that I cannot move or get up pretty much causes near hysteria. Today I had to have an MRI on my ankle/foot. (injured it 9 weeks ago) I was so fearful, that I made my sweet hubby take me in case I needed "drugs" which would require a driver to take me home. He kept reassuring me that I would be fine. YES!!! He was right! Granted they had to put me in a cage to keep me contained and I was able to chat the entire time with the technician. (actually the machine was inside this cage/barrier type thing). I did it; no drugs, no hysteria!

I realized we do the same thing to our Heavenly Father. We fret and worry over the unknown, the future all the while He keeps saying "You will be fine. You will see." I don't understand why when He has proven Himself over and over to me in the past, that I still don't completely trust Him for the future but yet when I look back, I always say, "YES! He was right!" Praise the Lord, He is patient and continues to love me through all the fretful times of my life....sometimes even 'caging me in' and causing me to be still and know that HE IS GOD!

No comments: