Deuteronomy 11:19
Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
This past weekend we had the privilege of keeping our son's children...(precious angels, I might add!) Memories poured in all weekend while they were here.....sleeping "3 deep" with my grandparents and them never once complaining; watching Justin play all over again through his children; the mistakes I made while parenting; the thousands (probably millions) of back scratches given through the years; my kids favorite songs being sung in the car; taking a 4 year old to Big Church for the first time; getting 2 preschoolers dressed and to church on time; balancing chores and play time with them; silly uninhibited laughter; the sudden urges of a 4 year old to need to potty when no bathroom is near; taking the time to stop and look at the world while explaining God's hand in it all; big bear hugs and multiple I love yous; picky eaters; wonderful imaginative stories; hours spent with Pops playing legos; baby laughter and snuggle time; putting tiny bows in baby fine hair; searching for a quiet 16 month old; washing laundry in Dreft; trying to wipe a face that is a moving target; and the list could go on and on.
The BEST was getting the phone call the next day and hearing the sweet words, "I miss you Granna and I remembered the song you sang to me! Want me to sing it to you?" And THEN, out flowed the words of "God is so Good" in perfect pitch....the simple song which contains such a big, big TRUTH!
You just never know what those little ones are picking up on and how that TRUTH will carry them one day. This is the song that carried me so many times through my Dad's stroke and 3 1/2 years of being in a nursing home, paralyzed. GOD IS SO GOOD....regardless! So teach them to your children, and to your grandchildren. I love making memories! We all make them every day...what kind are you making? What are your children and grandchildren observing in your life, hearing from your lips that is becoming TRUTH to them? Yes out of the mouths of babes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rebecca, GOD BLESS YOU for your comment on my blog! I haven't been sleeping for 2 weeks and thought it was the steriods I was taking, but now that I am off of them, I still couldn't figure out why I was WIDE-EYED awake at 2 a.m. in the morning! 2 nights I have gotten up and done laundry because I couldn't sleep, and its hard to get better without rest. I will now take my Leviquin in the morning and sleep because of you. Thank you!!!!
I'm excited to see that you are blogging! I'l'l have to add you to my blogroll. :)
This post is sooo sweet. And so true. I need to make a conscious effort everyday to make good things come out of my mouth all day long! I always worry about having a girl one day b/c I am sooo bad about talking about how ugly I look! Not good for a little lady to pick up on. They truly are listening to everything we say!
Post a Comment